Saturday, February 3, 2007

My Sisters

In my search I have found 2 sisters!

That's like a dream come true for me!! The whole time I was growing up I wanted a big sister to talk to, to share things with, someone to talk to. Little did I know at that time that I already had sisters, and brothers for that matter, nobody told me. I was so young when I was adopted, I didn't remember. I've been told that I've blocked out everything that happened to me from before I was adopted. Needless to say when I found out over 25 years ago that there were not just me and my youngest brother, but there were a total of 8 kids in our family, I was so shocked. I couldn't even think straight, all I could do was sit and cry. I actually was at work when I got this news, I had to get someone to take me home.

I sat and cried all day, I was hurt that I hadn't known this HUGE piece of information, and why couldn't I remember something as important and brothers and sisters? All the time I was growing up I thought I was the oldest, I was actually the second youngest!! WOW!! Now I knew my mission in life, I wanted desperately to find my brothers and sisters, HAD to find them, and right now too (I have absolutely NO patience at all), and bring my family back together again after all this time apart.

Well it took a long time, but I finally found my oldest sister!! I had to mail a letter to her to talk to her, snail mail too, so more waiting, but I had a sister!! I still have that letter I sent her, and I found out just recently that she has that letter too. This sister is the oldest of us all, and I'm so happy to have found her, I just found her around 4 years ago. We talked on the phone lots, and for hours at a time. Then she and her husband came out to meet me, for the weekend. I was in heaven!! To finally see my big sister, and hug her, it was fantastic. The weekend flew by way too fast.

Then finally I found my oldest brother just a couple months ago, well ok, it's been 3 months now!! I have had the chance to meet him in person too, he sent me a ticket to visit him, that was so wonderful, we had such a nice visit. (see earlier post about my big brother).

When I returned home from visiting him, I was back searching for my other siblings. My sister knew a married name for one of my sisters, and with a lot of help from Babbs and the group I got an email address for a woman with the same name. I sent her an email asking if she was my sister. I got a return email from her, YES SHE WAS MY SISTER!!! Woohooo!!! I sent her my phone number, and she phoned me, we talked for hours!! I'm so excited to have found her too!! I haven't gotten to meet her in person yet, but soon I will, I can't wait!!

My sister is moving in with my brother once he's moved from Nova Scotia, so they'll be so much closer to me, I can't wait, I'm so excited!

What a wonderful feeling to have 2 big sisters in my life now, and of course a big brother! It is so great to have them to talk to. I look forward to spending as much time with them as I can, and getting to know them.

My oldest daughter is getting married this summer, and we are all 5 going to be at her wedding, I can't wait for us all to be together again for the first time in 45 years!! I'm hoping to find more of my siblings before that time.

Joanne

VALERIE, ROSE MARIE, BILLY (WILLIAM?) WHERE ARE YOU GUYS??

No comments: